
This is how horrible I look at 5 am. We had a great time. I really enjoyed driving down becasue my dad and I just talked. We havent got to spend any time together just us two in a long time. He was preparing me for all that was going to happen. My father has been to 30 of the last 33 OU/Texas games. He doesnt miss many OU games period and he wanted to share this game with me. I was amazed to say the least. It rained for a while when we first got there, so we went inside to the food court. Of course there was bedlam going on in there. It was so loud with OU and Texas fans alike chanting and shouting.
I love this picture. We met this nice couple who sat across from us in the food court. It amazed me that they came and brought their little tv to watch the game inside the fair grounds. There were tons of people who came either trying to get a ticket and failed and knew they would watch it inside the fair or people who simply wanted to watch the game on the big screen tvs in the fair. My dad and I sat at the very top row in the south endzone. As I was watching the game you knew exactly what was happening at the time, but a few seconds after a major play had happened and the crowd inside the stadium went crazy there was a delayed reaction from those outside of the stadium watching it from the AT&T big screen.
Since my dad is a pro at this he knew exactly where to go on the fairgrounds for all the important OU pre game stuff. I got to see the OU player arrive and get off the bus, the band warm up, and the sooner scooner make its arrival




I was glad to see my sooners win. It was a great experience and I will never forget the great day my dad and I had together! Alot of people were saying that this was the best game they have seen in a long time, because it was so close. There were two Texas fans among us, but I must say they were very gracious and nice. They even took a picture for us! Here they are hanging their heads after they lost!



It took us forever to get out of the fairgrounds and get on the highway. I think it was a little over an hour. We then got on the highway and I really had to use the restroom, so my dad had to get right off the highway that we had spent so much time trying to get on. So after my little bathroom break we were on our way home. We decided to just eat some where quick instead of eating at Texas Land and Cattle, which we should have done anyway cause there was this horrible wreck. It was awful. State Troopers had to redirect traffic off the highway and onto the side access road. It was a fatality and the car that we saw was totally demolished. We were told by the gas station attendent that we stopped at that it was an SUV. It didnt look like an SUV at all anymore. It was really sad. So needless to say my father and I were pooped from a very long day. I ended up not getting home until 2 am.






No comments:
Post a Comment