Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thankful

Wow. What an evening we had tonight. I had the privilege of serving at the John 3:16 Mission. I really felt the Lord telling me to go and serve this year. I knew that He was wanting me to give back, since He has given me so much to be thankful for. I know I should do it more often and I intend to do it more now. I feel as if I have been selfish and not truly been thankful for what I do have. We are so tremendously blessed and we take things for granted daily. The people at the mission were truly wonderful people and I really enjoyed serving.

There are so many things I want to teach Aiden, and I don't think I can truly teach him some of these things until I practice them myself. I want him to know the true meaning of all of our wonderful holidays, but he has to see it begin in us. My goal for the new year is to start a blessing basket. Every day Todd, Aiden and I will write on a piece of paper something we are thankful for that day and at the end of the year (Christmas), we will sit down as a family and remember everything we have to be thankful for that year.

I am truly thankful for so many things, too many to list actually, but here are a few that are at the top of my list:

A God who was willing to send His son to die for me, even though I don't deserve it! My family, they give out this endless supply of love, support, and comfort. Even deeper into my family my husband and my son! What a blessing to be a mommy and a wife! My friends- you all are so wonderful and I love you guys! My church and Sunday school class and my CR group. Isn't God amazing that He put us all together! To live in a country that is blessed far beyond what we deserve and to enjoy the freedom we have!

I truly hope that all of you who read this blog have a blessed and safe Thanksgiving!
With Love,
Kristen

1 comment:

AustinFamily said...

I love the blessing basket idea! We may have to join you. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving. We did. Busy as usual, but tis the season. We just have to stay focused on the REASON for the season! God is so good. Talk soon!