Thursday, November 22, 2007

A little Sunshine

When I was a junior in high school my dad and step mom decided to open up their home to a foreign exchange student. Her name was Adri and she was absolutely wonderful. She stayed with us for a year and quickly became part of the family. My parents called her their sunshine! When she left we were all very sad and didnt know when we would get to see her again. We have always kept in touch with her and rest of her family. She has two other sisters and they have both come to visit us and stay for a short time. Each time one of her sisters would come to visit it would make us miss Adri even more. Finally the time has come for Adri to visit! She just got married and her and her new husband, Ali, are staying with my parents for a couple of weeks. I didnt realize how much I missed her until I saw her for the first time in almost 10 years! She looks the same and has that same sweet smile and laugh as she did when she was here. I love to hear her call my parents mommy and daddy. It is such a great feeling to know that even though she may not be blood family, God gives us other family that we can love like they are real family! Here are a few pics of them!

No comments: