I know this is silly to blog about, but I was pretty darn proud of myself this Thanksgiving. My step mom made the entire Thanksgiving meal so I asked her if she would like for me to take on desert? She said it would be great! I decided on a chocolate pie, a pumpkin cheesecake, and a pecan pie. I had originally planned on buying the pecan pie and making the other two but I decided where was the fun in that when I could use a good challenge. My friend Angela and I had just been talking about all of the food at the holiday meals and how we arent sure that one day we will be able to do them, so I decided to start with a few things that seemed pretty easy and just do it. Its not that I cant cook or bake, its just when you are talking Thanksgiving deserts are all on you, its a pretty big challenge. I did it! They all turned out great and they all were fairly easy to make. I wanted to call some of my friends the night before Thanksgiving and say I DID IT! but it was really late so I decided to spare them the 2:00 am wake up call! Here are a few pics of my yummy deserts!


1 comment:
Wow! Those pies are gorgeous! I've been craving some pecan pie lately. I didn't get to have any of my dad's on Thanksgiving.
You could have called me! I'm ALWAYS up at 2:00 am! Seriously. I go to bed about 2:30 every night these days. It's the only way I can get anything done around here!
Post a Comment