Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Ladies Retreat







This past weekend was a wonderful ladies retreat hosted by FBCO at the Post Oak Lodge in Tulsa. I have been needing a good refresher for a while. I have been battling so much lately and have felt so alone. God knows exactly what we need when we need it. My sister came along with me but unfortunately she got sick. She ended up having to leave early Saturday morning and missing most of the retreat. My mom was there and I always enjoy seeing her and I know she is always there for advice when I need it and I am sure she loves to see me doing something and learning rather than complaining to her! I also got to spend some time with some of my newest really good friends. It is so wonderful to have so many wonderful friends that I not only go to church with but can connect with on a deeper level. I will tell you that I wanted to be so broken by God this weekend to show me how to get out of my pit and it wasnt until I got home and talked to my really good girl friend who does not go to our church but is my accountability partner that I broke. God so deeply spoke to my soul that I have to fill myself with so much of Him that it will pour from me and then and only then will I be able to love myself and others the way He wants me to. It is about loving well and you can only love well when you have dipped into the Loving Well and then and only then will I be able to love well. Make sense!!! I need to let Him lead and be my comfort and my rock. He is the only one who can provide for all my needs. It hit me like a ton of bricks. I was letting satan come and steal my joy and rob me of what the Lord was blessing me with. Thank you Lord for meeting me there and showing me how to love well.


No comments: