As sad as I am to see summer come to an end there is so much fun fall activities to do with Aiden that I absolutely love to do! Every year we go to the pumpkin patch. We always have a good time. I beg Aiden to let me take pictures and he begs me to just let him play. This year I made a deal with him. If he would pose for me a few pictures when we first got there he could play for a really long time! He agreed and posed rather well for his pictures. (You will see what I mean below) Hunter and Aiden really enjoyed the hay maze and ran not only through the maze but on top of the hay bales as well! Aiden and Hunter also climbed the hay stacks they had stacked for decorations and proclaimed to be "kings of the world" It was a bit scary for me, I was fearful he was going to fall and break a leg or arm, and with Aiden's recent luck with accidents and a trip to the ER, to me it wasn't too far of a stretch to see it happening! We also were pleasantly surprised and ran into the Austins while we were there. Aiden, Eli, and Hunter got to play for a while and of course they gravitated to the hay bales! There isn't a better sound than three boys laughing and having so much fun!
We also got to make a trip to the Tulsa Corn Maze. The Smiths invited us to go with them. We loaded up and off we went to East Broken Arrow (and I do mean EAST BROKEN ARROW) After we drove and drove and drove some more to find this place which is waaaaay out on 61st st and 331st st, we were excited to try out this new experience! We had a great time as we always do with the Smiths but I think this place way over charges. Yes this place charges $8 per adult and $6 per child ages 5 and up. CRAZY! It is a great way to make money and get good use out our your land in the off season of the corn crops but didn't offer the wow factor we thought we would experience. The boys had lots of fun and we did get to do a few things that Aiden has never done before. They had a corn pit instead of a sand pit. It was pretty neat. The corn was cold and you pretty much just sank in it like quick sand. We also did a maze through the corn fields and Todd and Shaun periodically hid in the stalks and scared the boys! They also had this little cow ride pulled through the corn fields by a four wheeler. The little cows were made out of old trash bins. It was a pretty cute homemade ride! Then we got to go on a short Hay ride. The boys enjoyed the first part of it but it didn't go fast enough and stopped a little too much for their liking. Aiden also got to feed a goat. I am surprised that he even put his hand out for the goat to eat from but he did and it was pretty cute! Overall we had a lot of fun!
This week is going to be filled with more fall fun so stay tuned!
Owasso Pumpkin Patch






No comments:
Post a Comment