Sunday, May 31, 2009

poo poo gum

Ok so pretty much all of you know that Aiden has now gone four days using the potty.  We thought this day would never come.  Aiden would fight you tooth and nail not to use the potty.  There wasnt anything we didnt try to get him to start using the potty.  Shaming him didnt even work.  We would get him a new toy or promise him candy.  Still nothing.  Even letting Parker show him how to do it didnt work.  He would just clap for Parker and tell me what a big boy Parker was.  I am not sure what it was but it finally clicked with him and now we are going to be on day five tomorrow of no accidents.  Aiden knows that Parker always got gum after he used the potty so now we have a huge bucket of gum for him.  This was hard for me in the beginning too because he didnt understand the meaning of chewing his gum and not swallowing it.  I am not sure how this one happened either but he understands chewing his gum now too.  Todd said that he was going to make that his number one goal for the summer.  So I guess that means its going to be a good summer...Right?!?!?!  You cant beat Aiden deciding the day before Todd gets out for summer that he wants to start using the potty!!!!  He loves wearing his big boy underwear and has done a really great job of telling us when he needs to go.  I am so proud of my baby boy.  He has had such a big few weeks.  He gave up his bebe's, started using the potty, learning how to chew gum....I am sure this will be a big summer for my big boy!!!

No comments: