Thursday, January 15, 2009

Sitting in the Tampa Airport

Ok so Tampa has been good this week a little cold and long meetings but still it has been nice to get to see my work buddies. We have a new team and I love them all. They are all so much fun and absolutely hilarious. The meetings got a little long and repetitive after a while but even so a good trip until today that was. Our company dropped us off at the airport around 12:30 and my flight isnt until 5:20 or so I thought. It was going to be fine because the OKC girls and I were just going to hang out do a little airport shopping and go and have an early dinner together that was until Delta ad to go and change everything on me. I got to the Delta counter to check in and they preceded to tell me that I was flying home on Northwest. Ok so I was in that line for a while but whatever right I am going home. So I go to the Northwest counter only for them to tell me they have no ticket for me. After 15 minutes of waiting on her to go over to Delta and figure out what is going on she comes back to tell me that I must go to the Delta counter to get my ticket printed out. So back I go to Delta's counter. A sweet but unhelpful attendant tells me that my ticket says I am actually going to Cincinnati and then on to Tulsa which is not what my flight schedule that I have in my hands tells me. I am supposed to go through Memphis and then on to Tulsa. She tells me that she can still get me on that Memphis flight but I am going to have to pay the fees. I said no since I was supposed to be on that flight in the first place and that my company is the one who takes care of our expenses and that I am not comfortable making that decision not knowing if my company will reimburse me. So she then sends me to yet another long line at the same Delta counter to be serviced. Thank goodness one of my companies managers came walking by and he stopped to help me. He got our travel agency on the phone and then stayed with me to talk to the Delta lady at the counter. She then tells us that our travel agency never confirmed my ticket and that it is their fault and this manager is on the phone with the travel agency where they are telling him it is his fault. So finally the Delta lady says oh wait a minute it is our fault there was a scheduling change because there is no Cincinnati flight to Tulsa. She was very nice but failed to up me to first class for all my troubles even though the manager asked for them to give that to me. Oh well right I finally have my ticket and I am going home. So then I get to the security check point and because of all of Delta's mistakes I have now been selected to go through extra security measures. So I told security of course that would happen to me. So here I am with still yet another hour and a half to go before I fly that I am praying nothing else will go wrong. Hopefully I will get to sleep in my own bed tonight not an airport!!!! I did keep my cool but was a little upset because needless to say I did not get to have a fun afternoon with the girls and have sat by myself for several hours. Oh well I did decide to create a face book page since I had so much time. Here's to hoping I am coming home.

No comments: