Saturday, January 24, 2009

Big Day in the Anderson family

In the midst of Aiden throwing horrible tantrums, so bad that I have actually cried, he surprised me last night by being such a big boy and poopied on the potty.  This event was not pushed or provoked by me, it was all his idea.  We were at the basketball game last night and he told me he needed to go to the big boy bathroom.  I didnt think he would do it, but I took him any way and of course he changed his mind when we got down there.  So we headed back to the stands to finish watching the game and durning the 4th quarter he told me again he wanted to go to the big boy bathroom so I decided it was worth trying again  because he may just surprise me. Surprise me he did.  I was so happy and making a big deal of it to him and I really thought someone was going to hear us and think something was wrong.  I cant believe he did it at a ball game.  When he was done the game was over and Todd was already on the court talking to people so Aiden and I got to go tell him the good news.  He didnt make as big of a deal about it as me probably because he was talking to one of the booster members.  (oops)  But the guy laughed and had Aiden give him a high five! Then we saw the principle and told her our good news.  Todd just shook his head at me in disbelief.  I was one proud mommy last night that wanted to go to the announcers table and tell every one there!  We have been telling him for months now that when he finally does it we will take and get him a toy.  So at ten o'clock last night we were at Wal-Mart picking out a toy.  He got a couple of Thomas Trains and was very happy.  Now lets see if he will continue to do it!  Hopefully!

No comments: