Tuesday, January 6, 2009

and the Oscar goes to...

Aiden Anderson for best fake cough and best performance in a drama.  So my son is a lot like his mommy.  He has figured out how to try to con us into giving him what he wants.  The other morning I was getting Aiden's clothes picked out for the day and I heard my bedroom door shut at first I didnt think a thing of it but then I remembered that he is starting to learn to hide things from us.  I ran in to see what he was doing and he had my cough drops out and in his mouth.  I made him spit them out and then tried to explain that those cough drops (to him they are gum drops) are for mommy to help her stop coughing.  So he sat there for a moment and I could see the wheels spinning.  So then he looks at me fake coughs and says "Mommy I need a cough drop."  I laughed of course that he is smart enough to figure that one out.  Then later we were outside and he was riding his four wheeler.  Todd and I had been taking turns chasing him and then we got tired and went to sit down and take a breather.  Aiden asked me to come chase him again and I told him that I was tired and needed a break.  So yet again he sits there for a second and decides who knows exactly what will get me out there.  He positions himself on the four wheeler to where it looks like he is stuck and yells Mommy come help me I am stuck.  Knowing what my drama king was up to I played along and went out to "help" him. I got him back up and his four wheeler and he looked at me and said Now come chase me.  Little stinker he is!!!!  I think this is where my sister might say he is just like me!!!!

No comments: