Saturday, October 11, 2008

Happy Belated Birthday

So my mom was in Israel on her birthday so I didn't post. So here is her birthday post from me. She is a wonderful mom who has always given more of herself and taken even less. She knew what she wanted for her children and that was enough to make her determined we wouldn't live what she did as a child. She taught us that love is the most important thing you need (besides Jesus), all the other stuff doesn't matter (it can make things nice sometimes, but you truly don't need it). I honestly believed that every one went to college it was just the next step after high school. I cant remember when she started telling us we were going to college, but I can never not remember! She wanted to make sure that we had more than she did and that we knew she believed in us and that whatever we set our minds to, we could accomplish. She loves the Lord with all her heart and is such a great servant. She has a heart for people who are hurting and just need to be loved on. But it makes sense looking back at my childhood, this has always been the person she is. She couldn't love her grandsons anymore and loves to spend time with them. She melts every time she hears "mimi" and she lets them get away with things my sister and I would have never gotten away with. She gives great mom advice and I think my mom was so determined to make a difference in us that why wouldn't I look to her for great advice on how to parent my children. But sometimes it can be a catch 22 because you know she loves our children and she wants to spare them any "unnecessary" spankings!!! (hehe) She is a great mom and I hope she always knows how much she means to us. I love you mom and I know your birthday was perfect! I am glad you got to be there on your birthday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your wonderful birthday post! Love you!