Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Much needed weekend

Things have been so crazy for me lately and I really needed a weekend to not think about anything pressing, work, craziness, and just relax and have fun.  The Howells' needed a weekend away as well so off the four of us went to Kansas City with no kids and no plans but just to relax and enjoy ourselves.  And that is exactly what we did.  Neither Brandi nor I took a single picture and we realized that on our way home.  I think we just forgot because all we cared about was being away for a bit.  We stayed at the Marriott in Overland Park and it was very nice.  The guys golfed every day and Brandi and I shopped every day.  Aiden was the recipient of most of my shopping buys but I did manage to buy myself some things as well.  =)  I think it was nice to just do whatever whenever and not be pulled in ten directions at once.  I think with basketball season being over our crazy lives' will slow down and maybe I can learn to relax and not worry so much about things.  We got to eat dinner out every night and not have to think about what I was going to order because of needing to share with Aiden.  Not that I mind sharing with Aiden or putting him first on my entree decision making process but it was nice getting exactly what I wanted for a few dinners.  And I had the most amazing Cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory.  Dulce De Leche (carmel overload) was amazing and it is now my favorite.  Brandi had found out about this place named the Legends at Village West.  It is this huge shopping center on the outskirts of West Kansas City and it was awesome!  I think we got started shopping around noon and we finished up around 5:30 and the sad thing was we didn't get all of it done.  But it was enough shopping for me!  Brandi was such a trooper and I probably should have taken it easier on her!  It was fun for us to even go in target and just browse.  We also got to see a couple of movies while we were there and that was nice too.  We even got to sit in the hot tub for a bit.  I am so glad we got the chance to get away and enjoy a few days.  But I did miss my baby very much and have enjoyed being with him the past few days.  I think it was good for me to get a break and it made me enjoy him all the more!

No comments: