Saturday, February 7, 2009

Most embarrassing moment (yet that is)

With Todd being gone a lot (4 and sometimes 5 nights a week) I don't have many groceries in the pantry or the desire to cook for just Aiden and I (bad mom I know because he is the most important one out of all of us but he is such a bad eater).  Not only is he a not so good eater, I also do not want to take the time that it takes to cook clean and force him to eat.  So we have been doing a lot of frozen meals and eating out.  This week has been a rather long week and exhausting week for all of us.  So Thursday night I decided it would be fun and relaxing (should have known you cant put relaxing in the same sentence with a two year old) for us to go and eat somewhere.  Aiden said he wanted Braums.   I could see the wheels spinning on how he was going to get him some ice cream.  I told him if he ate all his hamburger he could have some and I was excited to because I will never turn down mint chocolate chip ice cream.  We ordered and it was nice because there were just a few people in there so not too much to distract him.  He piddled for a while and then told me he needed to go to the bathroom.  He only seems to want to go when we are in public and its hard on me to get him there with all our stuff.  So we left our food on the table which I was a little uneasy about but nevertheless when your two year old boy tells you he has to go, you listen.  We got in there and he got scared.  So we went back to our table and got situated again.  Not two seconds after I took a bite after sitting down he told me again he needed to go.  So off we went again and as we were headed in I looked up to see Braums was now packed with people ordering both dinner and ice cream.  Aiden again got scared and I asked him to please just try because this was the second time and I really thought he needed to go.  He started screaming NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOO at me and I said ok he didn't have to.  So we leave the restroom to return to our seats where are food is patiently waiting for us to eat and people are now looking at me like I spanked my child in the bathroom.  OK no big deal, we are just gonna eat our food.  So I am tired at this point and I have eaten all of my hamburger and most of my fries and I am really excited about some mint chocolate chip ice cream.  Aiden piddles even more and I tell him for 10 minutes that if he doesn't finish his hamburger we cant get any ice cream. So after seeing that he is not going to eat any more I am done and I take our tray and his remaining food and throw it away.  Unfortunate for me my son understands what this means and stands up on the table and is now screaming "don't take my food away, I want to eat."  So now all eyes in Braums are back on me and I now know I am not getting any ice cream either and it is time for us to leave.  So I calmly grab our stuff, pick up my screaming crying child and start to head out the door as every one watches me.  He then precedes to tell everyone there that "I don't want to go with you, I want to stay here."  I got out of there as quickly as I could and was mortified that those people probably thought I was a horrible mother.  But I am sure I made some mother laugh and recall the days where her two year old embarrassed her the same way.

2 comments:

Brandi said...

That Aiden. :) Next time you should just call me, me and Hunter are always up eating, especially now that Chris is on this crazy diet!

Katie Smith said...

That little stinker! Don't worry about it. Anyone with kids understands. Anyone without, doesn't have a right to judge! haha