Sunday, June 1, 2008

A little needed and overdue update!

Ok so we have been extremely busy with so many things like selling our house, buying a new one, business trips, keeping up with an almost two year old (in 15 days to be exact, crazy I know), and spending time with family and friends and that is why this blog has been neglected. I wish I could or would blog more simply for the fact that it is great journaling for me and keeps family and friends updated on whats going on, but the truth is I would rather be out there making the memories then preventing myself from making new ones by being on the computer when Aiden is still awake and even after he goes to bed, Todd and I get to enjoy each others company. So sorry to everyone for not updating but I am loving life. We are really enjoying the nicer weather. We have been spending more time outside and don't usually come in until it is bath and bed time! We have even been eating outside now and some nights Aiden gets to play with Eli (E-Y as he likes to call him) and Hunter! He always has a great time when he gets to play with his buddies. He got to go to the kiddie park too! He has actually been twice now! He went with E-Y and with his cousin Brady! Aiden and Brady are going to be quite the handful this summer. I am sure that my child will teach Brady lots of fun things to get into. Aiden spent a fun weekend at the lake with Todd's family as well and loved the water. We feed the ducks and Aiden was excited but these geese were a little too hungry and scared us all. Aiden is talking non stop. I can remember the days when I wondered if he was ever going to talk, and now we cant get him to stop! His daddy enjoys teaching him new things to say. among Todd's favorite right now is whats up. Todd went in to get him up this morning and he was awake and he looked at his Daddy and said "Whats up daddy". He is asking a million questions like today at his cousin Bree's dance recital when the lights would go out after a class had finished their dance Aiden would say "What happened?" such a small question amazed me because I have never taught him to say that. He just picked it up himself. He knows his colors, and can repeat the ABC's to us. He loves to talk about animals and the noises they make. He loves to watch Barney (which I said I would never let my children do), Sesame Street (and he can name all the characters), and now he is really into Thomas the train. He has taken over his daddy's recliner and even his daddy's seat at the dinner table! Every one will be happy to know that Aiden now has 10 teeth! Finally!!!!! and he is also sleeping through the night!!!! We are so blessed and are having a wonderful time being a family!!!! God is good and hope this catches everyone up to date for now. Who knows when I will post again!!!! here are some pics to leave you with!!!!







2 comments:

Brandi said...

Sweet Aiden. Can't believe he is almost TWO!!!

Pam Collinsworth said...

You forgot to tell everyone that the red car at the Kiddie Park is the same red car YOU rode at the Kiddie Park about 25 years ago!

Love ya, Mom