Saturday, April 3, 2010

Sweetest Prayer

I normally wouldn't post a prayer because I want Aiden to feel like what he and God talk about is between them unless he wants to share but tonight was not an ordinary prayer.  We have been talking this week about the true meaning of easter that has nothing to do with "that rabbit" as Aiden calls him.  We explained that like Christmas is Jesus' birthday that Easter is when Jesus went to Heaven.  He asked some questions about Jesus one of them being where is Jesus now and we told him Heaven and he asked what He is doing in Heaven, so we told him that Jesus is watching over us because He loves us and he didnt understand why Jesus loves us (which is one thing I will never understand myself, what an amazing love!!!) We asked Aiden to remember singing 'Jesus loves me' so we sang that song and told him That Jesus loves us.  We got down to say our prayers and he said that he would say them tonight and this is how it went all by himself:

Dear Lord 
Thank you for this day, thank you for all you give us, Thank you for Mommy, Daddy, and Aiden.  Thank you for our family and friends.  (and this is generally where he says Amen but tonight there was a little more)  Thank you for JESUS.  Thank you for the Father, Son, and me Amen!!!! 

I just love that baby!  Out of the mouth of babes will come some of the most profound things!  Thank you dear Lord for this most amazing and precious gift.  There are days I still cant believe You chose me to be his mother and I am ever so grateful. My cup runneth over!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

PRECIOUS PRECIOUS PRECIOUS!!!


Kimberlee

Pam Collinsworth said...

Words can not even express how this MiMi feels after she read that! Love you guys!