Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Confessions of a 3 year old

Here are some things that Aiden has either done or said lately.  This child says and does what he feels and thinks without filtering any of it!!!!

Last night:  Aiden was acting all crazy when it was time to go to bed.  He was out of control and Todd and I had done everything we could think of to get him to settle down including a spanking that phased him not!  I promise this child has a high tolerance for pain and that is not a good thing.  We finally just closed the door and let him scream.  After 10 minutes I went in to see if he was ready to calm down.  He was rather mad at me because I wouldnt sing to him because he wouldnt calm down so when I went in he says to me "Mommy please sing to me I promise I will not act CRAZY!!!!"  Ooops I do not think we told him he was acting crazy but maybe we said it to each other.  Poor kid thinks his parents thinks he is crazy.

Last week at the basketball game in the public restroom:  Aiden needed to use the potty and generally when I take him I always try to go as well.  He had pottied and then it was my turn.  He preceded to tell the entire restroom that "Boys have willies, girls do not.  Boys pee pee from their willies and girls pee pee from their bottoms"  I wanted to wait in the stall until everyone was gone but had to walk out amongst all the other women in the restroom smiling only because most of them had either been there or were thankful it wasnt their child!!!!

Aiden is struggling with understanding the concept that he is a child and Todd and I are his parents.  He feels that he can punish us like we punish him or that he can tell us how disappointed or happy with us he is.  It usually comes out something like "Well Mommy I am not very happy with you because you did not let me watch tv so I am going to call daddy!" or "Mommy I am very proud of you today and I am going to give Daddy a good report on you."  

Aiden also loves loves loves to talk.  I know most of you arent surprised at this fact because of who his mother is.  Sometimes I find myself asking if him having such a great vocabulary and understanding of how the english language works at such a young age is a good thing.  Maybe I should get him started on learning spanish and then I wont know what he is talking about.  I promise this kid does not stop!  They say that males dont use a whole lot of words throughout the day while women use 2x-3x more but I think Aiden totally gets his talking skills from his mommy!  

I absolutely love my three year old!  He always keeps me laughing and sometimes I can sit and watch him for hours and be entertained at his childhood innocence!  I have my days when I struggle with knowing how to handle my baby boy but for the most part he is an amazing child with unlimited capabilities!  I expect great things from my baby!

1 comment:

Raychel said...

I LOVE kid sayings. Such a good laugh!