As most of you know my sweet Emma Rue wont be with us much longer. Emma was born on Sept 12 2002. We got her in October of 2002. Todd caved in on his no dog rule and got her for me as an early Christmas present for our first Christmas together as a married couple. We actually were supposed to get a different dog. We found this dog online and he was only supposed to get up to about 6 pounds and I really wanted a small dog. We went to walmart and bought a bunch of stuff for our little "rebound" that we were going to go to Choctaw and pick up. We drove and drove and drove and the lady whom I had spoke with earlier had told us to come down decided not to pick up the phone and even eventually took the phone off the hook (I am guessing because she was tired of us calling and she didn't have the guts to tell me the transaction wasn't going to take place). I cried and cried the entire way home. I was so upset and didn't understand why this lady would do this to me. I really wanted to have a dog of my own and not just any dog a miniature dachshund. Todd felt horrible but reassured me we would be getting a dog. I now know that this was God's way of giving me the perfect dog! One Sunday morning Todd saw an add and took me to Claremore to go look at a few puppies. There she was this beautiful black and brown baby!!! She was it, she was perfect and everything I wanted. So home came miss Emma Rue Anderson!!! we were a bit scared in the beginning because she didn't do much other than sleep (remind you we were newly weds and had no children). The sleeping didn't last long. She quickly became very active and soon found her voice! She was so little. I remember when she would just fit in our hands cupped together. Todd even though hesitant to admit it became very fond of this baby. He loved to play "wiener dog" obstacle course with her. He would set up objects in our living room and make her go around them or jump over them to get her treat. He even decided that he would try "wiener dog" fishing. He would tie one of her toys on the end of a fishing pole and cast it out in the living room and watch her chase it as he reeled it in. She quickly became my little baby as well. She would always lay with me on the couch and always wanted to sit in my lap. She loved to snuggle with me and always wanted attention from us. She has always been such a sweet and wonderful dog. She has her OU football jersey that she wears come game time! She has a football that she chases around. I have a Christmas scarf that she wears every year and she even has a pink little sweater to keep her warm on cold days. I was very worried when Aiden arrived that she would be very jealous and be mean to him, but she wasnt. She was very sweet and loving to him. Even as he has grown and developed a "strong love" for her she has never tried to bite him or anything. Although when he was little I think she did get just a bit jealous because I remember her going over to his blanket and purposely peeing on it!!! Aiden loves her so much and is at times very smothering to her, even lately when she has been so sick she has never struck out at him. I am so very sad that she will be gone before long. I am very thankful that I got seven years with her but am sad and a little angry that there wont be any more than that. She is so young and cancer normally doesn't attack small female spayed dogs. It has been a really long month for us trying to figure out what is wrong with her and finally got her diagnosis on wed. I am struggling very much with what I need to do for her. I want to spend as much time with her as possible but I dont want to see her suffering either. We are trying to keep her as comfortable as possible with pain meds and will continue to do so until I feel she just cant take it any more. As I was looking back over pictures of her I found many pictures of when I would be holding Aiden while he napped and she was always right there with us. She has always been a huge part of our family and she is going to be missed in a way that I cannot begin to explain. I know to some people this is silly and she is "just a dog" but she is not, she is my first baby and I love her so much. I cannot begin to imagine life without her. I am finding little comfort and I know people will probably think I am crazy but the thing that bothers me most is that I know this is it and I will never see her again. There is no after life for her where I will be reunited with her so I am faced with knowing everything but her memory stops here. Telling Aiden will be very hard and I have no idea how I am going to do that but I guess as it happens we will figure it out. The vet has told us we can expect her to be around for four weeks or less. So please continue to pray for me that I find some sort of comfort and peace in loosing her.
Here a just a few of the pictures I found of her over the last seven years.
Aiden figuring out how to get the treat bag open and Emma being so excited because she has found herself a new best friend!!!
Boomer Sooner!!!
family photo. These were actually my maternity pics and we thought we needed a pic of us before our baby boy arrived since we knew her world was about to be rocked!
Aiden's three month pictures. I just knew I had to get one of them together.You will be deeply missed Emma Rue!






1 comment:
I love you, be strong!! Enjoy her while she is still here. She knows how much you love her, even when you put her "no bark" collar on her. he he Im here for you!
Stacy
Post a Comment