Saturday, January 2, 2010

Our Christmas Projects

I know this is a very late post but oh well right?!?!?!  Every year we make Christmas Cookies with Todd's family and we build a gingerbread house at home.  This year Brady got to join us in our gingerbread making fun.  I think the boys had more fun eating the icing and candy rather than building the house.  This year I tried to be more relaxed and let Aiden do more of the work rather than trying to make it look just like on the box.  As you can see it isnt perfect but the memories are!!!!  We listened to Christmas music, Aidens favorite, Alvin and the Chipmunks Christmas, and a few of my favorite as well.  They had a great time and I really enjoyed making another gingerbread house this year.  

Then at Memaw's and Papa's we made our sugar cookies and got to ice them and have fun decorating them with all kinds of goodies!  Carla even gave us a big treat by making her Granny's homemade sugar cookies!  Aiden tires out easily while rolling the dough out and cutting them into our christmas shapes but always jumps right back in when the decorating fun starts!!!  I love love love the traditions.  It is something I hope we continue for years and years to come!





No comments: